Kristin, Colin and I ran a half marathon (13.1 miles!) in Maui. We decided to do the half marathon when we found out that the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society was a sponsor - it was a special way to help honor my mom's 20-year survival. So, we all started training in April - Kristin and Colin had NEVER run before (other than about the one-mile physical fitness test in gym class). So, this was a huge undertaking for both of them (and me since I hadn't run for almost 2 years - since before I got pregnant). I am so proud to say that we all finished the race together and actually had a little fun doing it! Doing this with Kristin and Colin, for my mom, is a memory I will cherish forever.

In addition to getting to spend the vacation with my family, I got 2 fantastic surprises when I was there - getting to see my friends Raina and Alana! I found out about a week before we left that Raina was going to be there, and I didn't know Alana was going to be there until I ran into her at our hotel in Maui (she knew we would be there at the same time and decided to suprise me). It was such a treat to see both of my friends who I haven't seen for several years.
Me, Max and Raina
Me, Max and RainaKristin, my mom and I haven't taken a vacation together for a very long time, so it was really nice to just have some girl-time with them...

Snorkeling at Black Rock in Maui
With our cabana boy (just kidding :) He was the fire dancer at our luau- I wish he was our cabana boy! :)
With the flamingos at our hotel in MauiThere were also penguins at our hotel in Maui! 8 of them! Unfortunately I didn't really get any great pictures of them, but here's one...
They were adorable!
They were adorable!







1 comment:
Congratulations to your mom! (And to you, Kristin, and Colin for finishing the half-marathon. Why didn't Max run in it?)
Post a Comment