Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Kristin and Eric's visit

Kristin and Eric were here visiting at the end of February/beginning of March, and it was one of my funnest vacations ever. I loved having them here! We spent lots of time on the beach, went wine tasting in the Hunter Valley (well, 3 of them did, and I got to be the designated driver), spent a night in Sydney, visited the Australia Zoo in the Sunshine Coast, and spent a day in Byron Bay. Plus, somehow, Eric fit in 4 rounds of golf. Which gave Kristin and I plenty of time to shop, go for walks and lay on the beach. It was a perfect 9 days! Here are some pictures from their trip. Here's me and Colin outside one of the wineries in the Hunter Valley. It was the first time he wasn't the designated driver, so he had lots of fun :)

This was their first full day here, which we spent laying on the beach and having cocktails (and Fanta for me :) This is at Burleigh Beach which is about 10 minutes from our house.
Here we are on Bondi Beach (the most famous beach in Australia). This was the only big attraction in Sydney that Kristin and Eric didn't get to see last time they were here.
Not the best picture of me, but it's a good picture of Bondi Beach :)

This was their last full day in Australia :( But, it couldn't have been a better day. Kristin and I spent the day walking around the Byron Bay shops and restaurants and walking on the beach, and the boys went golfing. The weather was perfect, in the 80's and hardly a cloud in the sky.
We LOVED having them here and wish they were here all the time! It's just not the same hanging out in the -20 degree weather in Wisconsin :) Seriously, we are so thankful that they were able to come. It means the world to us.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Yay! new pictures....not the one I was expecting ;-) but I'm so happy to see you and Col (and Kristen and Eric) so happy! I can't wait to see you in person!

Carrie Venn said...

I want margaritas on the beach.