Thursday, September 13, 2007

Daffodil Day

It was Daffodil Day at work on August 24th. I know - I'm very late in posting a blog about it! It was actually a really fun day at work. Daffodil Day is The Cancer Council's biggest fundraiser - last year we raised over $1.3 million statewide. Anyway, the daffodil is the international symbol of hope, and it is also our organization's logo. So, on Daffodil Day, we sell fresh daffodils and other daffodil items (pens, pins, teddy bears, etc.) throughout the state. I spent the day driving around the entire Gold Coast delivering fresh daffodils to all of the volunteers who were selling them for us - they were at over 40 different sites! And then, to top it all off, when Colin came to pick me up from work, he had 5 bunches of fresh daffodils for me that he bought from some of our volunteers at a mall near our house. So, not only was he supporting the charity I work for, he also got me lots of beautiful flowers. How good is he?? :) Our house was full of daffodils...



No comments: