Thursday, August 2, 2007

Tangalooma

Last Saturday we spent the day at Tangalooma Island Resort. It was Dingo Family Day, so we went with about 20 people from Colin's work and we had a great time! We all met in Brisbane at 7am and took a 75-minute ferry ride to the island. On the island (other than it being a beautiful tropical island) there were tons of activities to do. The first one we did was ride ATV's (they call them quad bikes here). Althought it was a very "family-oriented" tour and we didn't get to go very fast or do anything too exciting, it was still really fun. It's the first time I've done that.





After the ATV's, we had about an hour before lunch, so we got some equipment to play beach cricket (how Australian is that?!?) and I actually played beach cricket! Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that, but I think Colin has some pretty funny video of it. Seeing that I've never played cricket before, and I have no idea how to play cricket, I did everything wrong the first time I batted. I actually did hit the ball, which was right, but everything I did after that, I did like I was playing baseball, which is very wrong. Anyway, it was fun, and now I know a little bit about cricket (which by the way, I used to think baseball was the most boring sport to watch, until I saw cricket - much more boring!). But, it's actually pretty fun to play.



After lunch we went kayaking, which would have been great, but it was not the warmest day, so I didn't want to put on my swimsuit. So, instead, I foolishly left my clothes on. Well, by the time we'd finished I was completely SOAKED, not a dry spot on my clothes. And of course didn't have anything to change in to. Well, I did have a warmer shirt, but no other pants, so the wet pants came along on the 75-minute ferry ride back. It was freezing! Here's the freezing end of the kayak trip, and then the warmer happier me on the ferry :)



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Who is the athletic looking bloke in the back of the kayak with you??

Carrie Venn said...

Nice shirt Leslie! How long have you had that one? I think I officially own zero WI shirts. Looks like a fun weekend. I remember getting soaked when David and I went Kayaking. Here's to you Colin for keeping up with Leslie on the 45 minute run. I'm scared for her return to Denver; she's going to kick my rear (another word came to mind but didn't want to offend anyone :))
Can't wait to see you guys and hang out and have some drinks!
Cheers
Carrie :)