
Just kidding - we actually did try to buy one, but they don't sell them anymore. The kind of wine in that bottle is actually one of our favorites! We just have to settle for normal-sized bottles. Anyway, we went to the Barossa wine valley 2 weeks ago because we had a 3-day weekend. So, we flew out early Friday morning and came back late Sunday night. We had the best time! We stayed in a private chalet that was built into the hills, and the views were amazing. There was also a hot tub in the chalet, and a kitchen which was fully stocked for us to cook breakfast. Plus, there was a free bottle of wine and chocolates waiting for us when we arrived - I loved it! Here is a couple of pictures of the place we stayed.
The Barossa Wine valley is very similar to the Napa Valley, only not as pretentious. The wine is amazing, and the people are very friendly. Colin and I actually went to the Barossa the first time I ever visited Australia, so it was nice to back now that I'm a resident :) On Saturday, we hired a driver to take us to the wineries so we could both do wine tasting and not have to worry about driving. It was so much fun! Although, the website that we booked it on showed a limousine, and we got picked up in a mini-van...hmmm, I think we were tricked :) It was completetly worth it though, because it was just the 2 of us, and we got to pick exactly where we wanted to go. Since a lot of our favorite Australian wineries are in the Barossa, there were a lot we wanted to try. I think we got to 8 different wineries that day. And we tried several wines that cost $225 per bottle! Needless to say, those were not in the 4 cases we brought home. We finished the day on the deck of our chalet sipping (more!) wine and eating cheese :)
Ooh... and I almost forgot...as part of the lunch we got with our "tour," Colin had his first coffee!

Ok... I lied... it's a hot chocolate, but it sure looks like a coffee :)
I hope everyone is doing well, and I can't wait to see you all in November - only 9 weeks to go!


1 comment:
I'm so excited to see you!! It's 1.40pm and Brus will be here to take me to the airport any minute! I loved the pictures from Barossa and Daffodil Day...you both look so happy! See you soon, lots of love, Jean xx
Post a Comment