Kelly, Joni, Susie, Daniell, me, and Alex
The party kicked off around 4pm, with nibblies (thanks to Col and Joni, that included Fiesta dip! :) Then we had a BBQ for dinner (I'll have to post a picture of Colin's new massive BBQ), and of course, drinks all night long. We had a full house overnight, with both guest bedrooms full and air mattresses in the front living room. So, it was a very good housewarming. And I promise, I will get some new pictures of the house posted on my blog - I was just waiting until I have it decorated a little bit.
The last 3 weeks have been great with Brus, and Joni and Sophia visiting. It was really hard to say goodbye again. But... one thing that made it much easier was knowing I'm coming home in 2 1/2 weeks! YAY!!! I get to come home for a visit because I got another part time job at the Cancer Council, and so I will be starting full time work in June. So, my manager is letting me take a few weeks off before I start the new job, and I'm coming home! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
The new job I will be starting is similar to my current job, and it will be 3 days per week. I will still be doing the other job, which is 2 days a week. The new job is in Brisbane, so I will have to commute with Colin at least 2 days a week, but I'm actually looking forward to it because we'll get to see our friends in Brisbane a lot more. Colin plays touch rugby in Brisbane on Tuesday nights, so it works out well for us both to work Tuesday and Wednesday in Brisbane, and spend the night with friends after the touch rugby game.
Plus, with the new job, I will be in charge of organizing the Kids and Teens programs, which I'm really looking forward to. I will also be in charge of the Brain Tumor support group and services, so that will be really good too.
Ok, that's enough for now. I need to start blogging more, so that I don't have to say so much at once! We're off to Sydney for the weekend for our friends Stef and Louises' wedding. It should be a great weekend!


No comments:
Post a Comment