Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Congratulations Stef and Louise!



Colin and I had the best weekend in Sydney for our friends' wedding. Stef and Louise got married on April 28th, and their wedding was gorgeous! Most of you know Stef - he is one of Colin's best friends, and he was one of our groomsmen and the MC for our wedding in Australia.


Colin was one of two groomsmen in Stef's wedding. We had the best time. The wedding was at a place called Gunners' Barracks in Sydney, and the ceremony was at 5pm outside on a deck overlooking the harbour towards the city - it was stunning! After the ceremony, we had drinks on the deck until it was dark (sunset is usually around 5:45pm), with live music by one of the best wedding bands I've ever seen. Actually, it was the best wedding band I've ever seen.


Then, we went inside for dinner, more drinks, and eventually a night of dancing. The same band from the cocktail hour played for the reception, and it was so much fun! I didn't know anyone at the wedding except Colin, Stef and Louise, (and everyone knows how much Colin loves to dance), so I thought it might not be very fun, but I was very happily suprised. I met 2 of Stef and Louise's friends, Mia (from Serbia) and Yuko (from Japan), who love to dance as much as me, so we had a blast on the dance floor. Plus, Stef and Louise's wedding dance was to "You Shook Me All Night Long," which kind of set the mood for the evening :)


On another note about the wedding, I have never been to a wedding where so many guests travelled so far to attend (and Colin and I had guests from 4 different countries at our wedding!). They had guests from Serbia, Japan, England, Australia, and the US. And that's the ones I remember - they probably had even more.


So, we had a great time at the wedding, and a really great time all weekend. Every time I go to Sydney, I love it more and more. This is the first time I have been there in autumn, and it was just beautiful - it even reminded me a little of home! Autumn is my favorite season, and in the Gold Coast, there isn't really a change in the weather much in fall. I was sad that I was going to be missing it for the next 2 years, but I got to see changing leaves and feel brisk air, and it made me feel right at home! (Well, right at home if it was the end of September :)


See you all in 11 days!!!

No comments: