
Surf lessons at Burleigh Beach
Both of us were a little nervous to try surfing, especially since we arrived for our lesson and the rest of the group was kids ages 7-10. We thought we'd make fools of ourselves for sure. But, we both actually stood up on the board and surfed a few times - and at least half of those were actually in the water! :) Just kidding, I was actually suprised at how well we both did - Colin, of course was better at it than me. He was getting up and staying up all the way to the beach every time by the end of the lesson. I, on the other hand, did really well in the beginning, but by the end of he lesson, my arms were so tired, I couldn't even push myself up! I'd say I swallowed more salt water than anyone does in a lifetime, getting dumped off my surf board so many times! But, the 4 or 5 times I actually surfed were SO much fun!Now we can't wait for our next lesson - hopefully next Saturday! Thank you so much for the wonderful gift Jean, Andy, Joni, Brus, Carrie and Marc!
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you're both enjoying the lessons. I wish I was at the beach with you!
Sounds like fun. Maybe we'll have to take some lessons when we go to Hawaii. Do you think it's appropriate for a 9-month old?:)
Are you stuck in the bad weather?
Post a Comment