Sunday, February 11, 2007

Good Weekend

We had our first visitor from the US this weekend - yay! Andy, our Aussie friend from Denver, stayed with us over the weekend, and we had a blast. We went out to dinner on Saturday night in Broadbeach (about 10 minutes from where we live), and guess who was out to dinner in Broadbeach?? Matthew McConaughey! Much to my disappointment, we didn't get to see him, but some of our friends were having dinner at the same restaurant as him, and they actually never got served because the staff were "too busy" with the famous people. So, our friends got annoyed and left at 10pm, with no dinner.

Sunday morning Colin, Andy and I attempted another surf lesson, this one did not go as well. Here's some footage from the lesson - http://www.youtube.com/v/5Z5kbi_Esf0
(make sure the volume on your computer is turned up :) The video is a little unclear, but it starts out with me, then Andy, then me again, then Andy again, then Colin). In our defense, they actually cancelled the lesson after one hour and rescheduled because the conditions were too crappy and dangerous for beginners. So, hopefully we'll have something to show you after next week's lesson!

Other than that, we just hung out at the beach and enjoyed the beautiful weather. I also found some old pictures that I've posted here from when I first visited Australia. My friend Becky (in the US) is teaching her kids about Australia, and I thought these pictures would be good. The first picture is a koala with her baby who had just come out of her pouch for the first time the day before. The second is a tasmanian devil, the 3rd is my niece Abby with a koala, the 4th is me with a kangaroo, and last is Colin with an emu. I hope Rudy likes the pics!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi Leslie,

It was great talking with you today! Hope you have a good Monday! If you are getting homesick....maybe this will help. "If I had a monkey paw, I put it in my pocket, I'd like to buy some happiness, but no one seems to stock it!!"

Love you lots!!
Kristin

Becky said...

Thanks Leslie.
Can't wait to show Rudy when he gets home today from school. He does want to know if you have a pet kangaroo!?

Carrie Venn said...

Very Cute video but I was unable to see your new do! Looks like you ate a bit a water out there! So glad you had a nice time with Andy.

Carrie Venn said...

Happy Valentines Day Leslie and Colin!
We love you and miss you!
Carrie and Elliott