Wednesday, January 24, 2007

mmm...wine

Well, despite the gallstone problems, we have been having fun too. We spent last weekend in the Hunter Wine Valley, tasting delicious wine. Now we just have to decide which wine club to join! I have to say, I've always been more of a red wine drinker, but since we've been in Australia, I've quickly learned that all beverages must be COLD since the weather is so hot. So, we've actually developed quite a liking for white wines, especially sauvignon blanc and semillion. The 2 days we were in the Hunter Valley were the hottest 2 days of my life - the high temperature was 47 Celsius! That's 116.6 degrees Fahrenheit!





I hope you're all enjoying winter :) Well, tomorrow is Australia Day (which is similar to the 4th of July), so Colin is off work and we're going to have a picnic and lay on the beach all day - I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jean said...

not so jealous of the hot weather but very jealous of wine tasting and picnic on the beach :-) Have a very Happy Austrlia Day!
xx

alanaob said...

Love your blog Leslie! I'm very jealous of the HOT weather! It's currently 8 degrees in Boston with a wind chill of -11. Happy Belated Australia Day!