No...we didn't have anything to do with running at the Gold Coast Marathon 2 Sundays ago, but Colin and I did volunteer at the event. It was actually really fun and motivating, apart from having to get up at 3:30am Sunday morning to get there when we needed to. The Cancer Council (where I work) was one of the two charities that received all of the profits from the races (there was a full marathon, a half marathon, 10-K, 7.5K and several kids events). So, to help out the person in charge of fundraising at work, Colin and I volunteered that day. And now I want to run it next year. Well, maybe not the full marathon, but at least the half. Here's some pictures of us at about 4:30am.


The first picture is with girls that I work with - Rachel, Lucy and Vicki. So, back to the running, I have somehow talked Colin into running with me, and we are up to 45 minutes right now. It was finally warm enough to run on the beach today (it's been FREEZING around here lately), so we had a really nice run. We'll see how long I can keep making Colin run with me :)
2 comments:
3:30am is bedtime on a Sunday morning, not time to wake up!!
Whew! That's early! About the time Elliott is screaming for more booby snack. Hey! Maybe the four of us can run a marathon in Australia and we can leave the kiddos with some Ausie grandma :)
Post a Comment