Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I know, I know...

I have been TERRIBLE at keeping my blog updated lately! I'm sorry! (Carrie :) The main reason I have not been updating my blog, is because I don't have any pictures to post, and I think it's boring to just write about what's going on around here. But, I'm going to anyway because I haven't been very good about taking pictures lately either.

So, I do have another good excuse to be slacking on my blog. Now that I'm a full-time working woman, it's getting difficult to find time. But, I know, it not really an excuse. Especially since I can only call people on the weekends now (unless you want a call around 3am when I get home from work!). So, I will try to be better at blogging.

My new job is going really well. The first 2 weeks were a bit stressful (or A LOT stressful if you ask Colin), but I'm finally getting settled and really enjoying it. This new job is different to my other job in that, now I am coordinating several different large projects. One of them is an annual, state-wide scholarship program, where we have $50,000 to give away to kids (ages 16-21) who have had cancer, or have a close family member who has had cancer, and who are going to college. So, I am in charge of organizing the applications, the promotion of the scholarship (including media), heading the judging committee, notifying winners (last year there were 64), planning the awards ceremony, and getting the recipients their money. So, it's a huge project, but very fun. I really love it! I'll save the other projects to tell you about later when I don't have anything exciting to talk about.

Other than that, we had a GREAT time when we were home last month. I spent 11 days in Wisconsin with my family, and 4 days in Denver. Of course, it wasn't long enough, but it leaves me excited to come home again (soon!). I don't have any pictures from my trip because I didn't have a camera, and NOBODY has emailed any pictures yet (hint, hint...). So, if I get any pictures, I'll be sure to post them. But, it was great to spend time with my family, and I got to meet Jenn's and Susan's boyfriends, which was really so much fun! I really miss not being there with everyone.

And now it's winter in Australia. Which I didn't think would be too bad. I was WRONG. So, even though it only gets down into the 40's during the night, there's no central heating, and it's FREEZING! I can barely drag myself out of bed in the morning. Luckily, we have a built-in heater in our bathroom, and another heater in our kitchen. It makes it bareable if you can get out of bed to turn it on. And even though I complain, I still have to laugh when I see people bundled up in huge parkas with hat, scarf and gloves on. It's pretty funny.

We had a long weekend 2 weeks ago (Happy Birthday to the Queen :) so Colin and I went to Noosa, in the Sunshine Coast. It's about 2 1/2 hours straight north of where we live. So, it's still on the beach, and it's really pretty there. We did some hiking through Noosa National Park, drank some wine on the beach, and caught up with our friends Alan and Alex, who were also there for the weekend. It was nice to have a little getaway for a few days.

Ok, this blog is getting way too long, especially without any pictures, so I'll stop for now. But, I'll be back soon :)

1 comment:

Carrie Venn said...

Thanks Darl'n! Even though I just talked to you it is great to hear what's going on again!