Sunday, January 14, 2007
A Place to Stay...
Well, we bought a house! Now you all have a place to stay when you come to visit! I was hoping to have some pictures from the realtor today to post on the website, but she hasn't sent them through yet. So, as soon as I get them, I'll put some up for you all to see. We are so excited! Here's what happened: Saturday morning we were just getting ready to go for a walk and a realtor called us to say she just got a listing the night before for a house we might be interested in. She said it hadn't even been properly listed with pictures or a sign yet, but she was on her way to the house to do just that. So, she said we could meet her at the house to see it if we wanted. She also said, "this house is so immacualte, it should be in a magazine." We've had many phone calls from numerous realtors very similar to this, with no luck of actually finding a nice house, so we weren't expecting much. But, we thought we may as well take a look as long as we were going to be out on a walk anyway. We walked into the house and FELL IN LOVE with it!! It is exactly what we were looking for. So, we stayed there for about 30 minutes, looking at every detail and then quietly discussed whether we wanted to make an offer right away or not. The reason we wanted to move so quickly was because we had found a house the previous weekend that we really liked (well, we thought we liked it, until we saw THIS house), and waited until Monday to make an offer, and it was already sold. The realtor selling this house has sold 3 other houses in the neighborhood each on the first day they were listed. So, we knew this one would go fast, and decided to make an offer. Now, after a little bit of negotiation, we have a house! Well, we're under contract for one anyway. Besides the house being perfect, another great thing about it is that the current owners are building a new house, and they were very flexible as to when we close. So, we are going to close on March 23 (5 days before the lease at our apartment ends), therefore, not having to pay rent and a mortgage at the same time. So, it all seems to be working out perfectly - yay! We have the inspection tomorrow, so I'll definitely get some pictures then. Since this blog is already way too long, I'll give you all the details tomorrow too! Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That's so exciting Schimo! I can't wait to come visit...
I'll be checking back here for some photos soon!
That's so awesome for you!!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I can't believe how perfectly it worked out!
Post a Comment