Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My amazing 4 year old

I feel like it has been only moments from then...

until now...  



How four years have gone by continues to astound me.  I am continually amazed at how much Max has grown and learned and changed in four years.  And I am equally amazed at how his personality has remained the same.   I am overwhelmed with emotion when I think about how much love I have for this little boy.  He brings joy to my life every day.

Max, at 4 years old...
loves his family more than anything, has more energy than anyone I have ever met, loves to sing and knows all of the words to almost every song he's ever heard, still loves to give and receive cuddles

Other loves: music and dancing, rolling down hills (the steeper, the better), spinning until he can't stand up anymore, making up/telling stories (every night we tell a story about "2 brothers named Max and Finn..."), playing mini golf, doing connect the dots (up to 30), practicing writing his letters, finding hidden pictures (I Spy, Where's Waldo, etc.), playing soccer, playing in the snow, being Australian

He loves hearing the different words Australians use for common things (eg. bin, dummy, nappy, trolley, etc.) - he thinks this is HILARIOUS :)

His favorite food is pesto pasta (he eats anywhere from 3-5 bowls of it every time we have it), his favorite special treats are Nerds and Laffy Taffy

Max's personality: he is very strong-willed and persistent, has mastered challenging me and Colin and outsmarts us both on a daily basis, loves teaching Finn new things, is very particular, is very genuine

Things Max doesn't like: sleeping, the dark, loud noises, any sort of change, frosting

Max's best quote of the year - "I do super cool things because I'm from Australia.  That's what people from Australia do."

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the last year...














Happy 4th Birthday Max!!!

No comments: