Monday, November 7, 2011

Trick or Treat!

I seriously think Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I always loved dressing up as a kid (and an adult :)  and now it is a million times better with kids.  We had so much fun on Halloween this year, and since it was on a Monday, we had an extended weekend of Halloween fun :)
Max was finally old enough to choose his own costume this year, so in September I started asking him what he wanted to be, so that we would be prepared and not scrambling to find a costume at the last minute.  Max's answer, every time I asked him what he wanted to be for Halloween, was "green."  When asked what thing he would like to be that was green, he'd just answer "green."  Sounds easy, but after looking at every Halloween costume store and catalog, the only green costume we found was a character from Yo Gabba Gabba (which we've never seen).  So, after much searching online, we finally found...

A dinosaur!


And after finding the most adorable baby costume ever, it was decided that Finn was a spider :)



The first Trick-or-Treating we did was on Saturday at the zoo...





And then on Monday, we went trick-or-treating at the Children's Museum in the afternoon...




And in our neighborhood at night...


Throw in a party at Max's school on Monday and a neighbor's party on Sunday, and it was a non-stop, fun-filled Halloween weekend!

No comments: