Monday, February 22, 2010

We're Back!

Finally, after 3 1/2 weeks of trying to get settled, I think we're getting there! Life has been a little challenging for the last few weeks, but it's so wonderful to be back in Denver with our friends, and my mom was already here for a week visiting. I'm definitely going to keep my blog going for my family and friends in Australia, (and my friends across the US, who I don't get to see often :) so I promise to be better now that I'm settled.

I won't talk about the flight from Australia to LAX because I still haven't fully recovered from it yet, but here's a couple of pics :)

Max having fun with Nanny and Poppy at the airport (before all of the tears started) :(

Here was our attempt to get Max to sleep in the bassinet on the plane...And here's what he thought of that idea...

This was our first visit to our house in Denver. We hadn't moved any of our furniture in yet, but we had to be at the house for the cable and internet to be hooked up. The heat wasn't on when we got there and it was FREEZING! It didn't stop Max from having his snack though...

It's hard to see, but his right hand is in his pocket :)

And here's our first walk and trip to the park. It's not a very good picture, but we had to quickly snap it while Max was screaming to get inside (poor little guy :( ...Max and his friend Elliott

It wasn't long before we had our first snowfall. Max was slightly less than impressed...

And wondered why the "sand" in the US is so cold...

This was a "warmer" day (or so Colin tells me as I ask him if he seriously took Max outside without his coat zipped and his hat not covering his ear :)

(For those of you in Australia who have neer seen our house in Denver, that's it in the background)


That's all I have for now, but we took some video of the 3 of us playing in the snow, so I'll post it as soon as I download it onto my computer.

No comments: